Our workshops are carefully designed and chosen to expand your knowledge and deepen your experience.
1. Go to your chosen event page by clicking its title below.
2. On the event page, complete the Bookings form at the bottom.
Workshops & Events Schedule
Sat, Oct 4, 2014 – 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Dannette
When you learn to breath freely and move freely, you also learn to live and think freely.
Inspired by the work of Donna Farhi, author of Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit, The Seven Moving Principles are innate patterns of movement that allow us to move with ease and power.
The patterns are designed to create the most efficient pathways for movement and expression, and once you have discovered how to engage their support you will be able to figure out the alignment of any posture by yourself.
The Seven Moving Principles
1. Breathe – Let the breath move you
2. Yield – Yield to the earth weight and levity.
3. Radiate – Move for the inside out.
4. Center – Maintain the integrity of the spine.
5. Support – Establish foundations of support.
6. Align – Create clear lines of force.
7. Engage – Engage the whole body.
In this workshop we will explore each of these principles. You will leave with a practice of inquiry that will allow you to go beyond the limited perception of getting a pose “right,” and into a relaxed atmosphere to learn without fear of failure.
The purpose of the inquires is to provide you with a situation in which you can explore and discover new skills for yourself. ~Donna Farhi
Become a Student of Gentle Yoga
This workshop is a part of our Gentle Yoga 200-hour Teacher Training beginning October 3, 2014. Now more than ever, people are searching for alternatives to traditional healthcare modalities. As an ancient and proven system for mind, body, and spiritual health, Yoga is at the foundation of this movement. To request application or for questions and information about our upcoming training please Program Director Dannette Rusnak: firstname.lastname@example.org, 858-692-0862